Startup Associate Member Program
The purpose of the Startup Associate Member (SAM) Program is to encourage immediate, active participation in GENIVI technical and business activities by startup companies as they develop their first products. This lost-cost membership program is by invitation of a qualified, sponsoring Charter or Core GENIVI member. Startup organizations are expected to demonstrate a software prototype or proof-of-concept that could have application in the automotive IVI or connected car domains.
In order to qualify as a startup member, organizations must have an established relationship with an existing Charter or Core member of GENIVI, a minimum of two employees (full-time equivalents) with no more than 10 and must be a legal, financial entity, licensed to do business in its state or country. If accepted, the startup organization will receive a one-year Associate membership for a first year fee of $1,000 payable to the GENIVI Alliance. Based on continued sponsorship of the Charter or Core member and on the startup organization’s continued adherence to the above qualifications, a second and third year of reduced cost membership is available for $2,000 and $5,000 respectively.
- Access to mentor throughout the year who will introduce the startup to the IVI software context and provide technical direction and guidance in the development or re-engineering of their prototype to meet automotive requirements
Access to the GENIVI Compliance Statement and GENIVI internal communication channels
Eligible to participate in Expert Groups and GENIVI technical activity
Eligible to attend All Member Meetings (spring and fall)
Eligible to participate in the member showcase
Participation in marketing events
Right to be listed on alliance website and member/public newsletters
- Secure a mentoring organization that is a Charter or Core member of GENIVI. Startup organizations must have a relationship with an existing member who is willing to mentor them through the first year of the program.
- The mentoring GENIVI member should send an email to Steve Crumb, with the startup organization's name and primary contact person, indicating the member's willingness to mentor the startup organization.
- Complete the online Membership Application selecting Associate member as the member type).
- Complete the GENIVI Alliance Participation Agreement (Startup Associate Member)
- Email the completed Participant Agreement to: GENIVI Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail the completed original Participant Agreement to the address listed below:GENIVI Alliance5000 Executive Parkway, Suite 302San Ramon, CA 94583